Committed to the special needs of women
At Artesia General Hospital, we recognize that each woman has her own story to tell—and that she deserves an individualized, coordinated plan, designed to improve her health and well-being. A team of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses and support staff offers quality preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic care with a holistic approach. The unique physical, social and emotional concerns of each woman are addressed in a patient and family-centered environment.
Whether you are undergoing diagnostic testing, managing a chronic illness or recovering from surgery, care team members provide the support and resources to help guide you through your experience and assist you in making informed decisions for you and your family.
Women’s Services at Artesia General Hospital covers a range of both inpatient and outpatient programs, focused on helping women throughout their lifetime. We are committed to providing personalized, innovative health care to women through prevention and detection using a wide array of diagnostic services that include 3D mammography, bone density testing and gynecological services.
We realize that your health changes as your age changes, and that’s why we provide care for all phases of your life.
Artesia General Hospital is pleased to offer the most accurate technology for your next mammogram: the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam.
3-Dimensional mammography provides better, earlier breast cancer detection, finding 20-65% more invasive breast cancers than traditional, 2D mammography alone. It has been proven to reduce false positives by up to 40%—which means fewer unnecessary callbacks, scans and biopsies.
Focused care for women includes:
- 3D Mammography
- Annual Well Woman Examinations
- Bone Density Management
- Breast Examinations
- Colonoscopy Referral
- Contraceptive Counseling
- Gynecology Services
- Heart Health Screening
- Hormone Therapy
- HPV Vaccinations (ages 11-26)
- Menopause Management
- Pelvic Examinations and Annual PAP Testing
- Pregnancy Testing
- Restoring Menstrual Regularity
- Testing for and Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Treatment of Pelvic Pain
- Treatment of Urinary Tract Infections
Women’s Health Services are provided by:
- Marta Gallegos, MD | 575.234.2008
- Anna Florez, FNP-C | 575.746.3119 (Artesia) | 575.736.8490 (Carlsbad)
- Erica Guerrero, FNP-C | 575.746.3119
- Alexandria Lundell, PA-C | 575.746.3119
- Erin Miyashiro, DNP | 575.234.2008
- Bianca Ortega, PA-C | 575.746.3119
- Terah Maupin Sexton, PA-C | 575.746.3119
- Jennifer Smoot, FNP-C | 575.746.3119
Call the corresponding phone numbers to schedule your appointment.
Memorial Family Practice is open:
Monday – Friday
8 am – 5 pm for appointments
7 am – 7 pm for walk-ins
Open through lunch