We’ll help you get back to your game.
Whether you are an active weekend sports enthusiast, college or high school athlete, or have a physically demanding job, the Sports Medicine team at Artesia General Hospital is here to help.
We take a multidisciplinary approach to your recovery by bringing together sports medicine doctors and practitioners, orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists. Our goal is to work cooperatively with you to maintain physical health; optimize your sports performance; and diagnose, heal and prevent injuries.
The Sports Medicine team works closely with you to diagnose your problem and identify the appropriate treatment plan. If surgery is necessary, our surgeons specialize in minimally invasive surgical techniques.
No matter your injury, we’ll get you back to health quickly—so you can get back to the physical activities you love. To make an appointment, call 575.748.8301 (Artesia) or 575.885.2188 (Carlsbad), or request an appointment online and we will respond to you within one business day.
Common Conditions Treated
- ACL Injuries
- Foot and Ankle Pain
- Frozen Shoulder or Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Joint Instability and Tears
- Overuse or Repetition Injuries
- Runner’s Knee
- Shin Splints
- Sprains, Strains and Other Soft Tissue Injuries
- Tendinitis and Bursitis
- Tennis Elbow
- Turf Toe
Common Treatments Offered
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- ACL/PCL Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair and Shoulder Instability
- Elbow and Ankle Arthroscopy
- Meniscus Tears
- Carpal Tunnel Surgery and Other Hand Conditions
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Stabilization of Fractures
- Stem Cell Recruitment and Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injection Therapy
Monday – Thursday: 8 am – 5 pm
Friday: 8 am – 12 pm