As we resume some elective surgeries at Artesia General Hospital, we’ve made some important changes and increased safety measures. Please see this Elective Surgeries Guide for Patients for more information about how we’re keeping our patients, their families and our staff safe and healthy throughout each procedure.
The Urology Center at Artesia General Hospital treats conditions related to bladder, urinary tract and kidneys in both men and women. We are committed to providing all our patients with effective, practical solutions for these conditions in a discreet and supportive environment.
Artesia General Hospital uses a wide range of advanced procedures and treatments to treat urologic conditions, including surgical and non-surgical techniques. We offer the latest technologies to our patients, including extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL)—a state-of-the-art and non-invasive treatment for kidney, bladder or ureter stones. Lithotripsy uses shock waves to break up these stones into tiny pieces, which then pass out of your body via urine.
Our multidisciplinary urology team includes physicians, nurses, support staff and surgical staff, if necessary for your treatment. We pride ourselves on supporting our patients throughout each step of the process, as well as ensuring their safety and comfort in each treatment or procedure. We are also dedicated to educating our patients so they can make informed decisions about their health and treatment options.
CONDITIONS WE TREAT:
- Erectile dysfunction/impotence
- Kidney stones
- Pediatric urological conditions, including bed wetting (nocturnal enuresis)
- Testicular pain
- Ureteral stones
- Urinary infections
- Urinary tract disease
- Endoscopic procedures, including cystoscopy and laser endoscopic procedures
- Erectile dysfunction and impotence treatments through surgical procedures to reestablish sexual health
- Genetic and molecular testing for prostate cancer
- Prostate biopsy
- Prostate surgery and laser ablation
- Treatment of kidney and bladder conditions
- Urinary implants to treat incontinence and erectile dysfunction
- Vasectomy or elective sterilization