Neurology is the diagnosis and management of diseases that affect the nervous system. This can include diseases that impact the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles. Neurological disorders can hinder the body’s ability to function correctly, from the lack of sensation in a limb to a complete loss of motor function, and take many forms depending where in the nervous system they affect.
A patient experiencing neuro-related issues may notice pain, blackouts, feel numbness or trouble moving extremities, seizures or may be survivors of a head trauma. The discovery of a neurological condition can be an unsettling and stressful time. To eliminate as much stress as possible, we aim to arrange an appointment with our neurologist as soon as possible. We understand that when something goes wrong with your nervous system, you want a doctor who can determine the cause of your problem and help you feel better. From diagnosis to long-term follow up, we provide compassionate, comprehensive support to help patients reach the best possible outcome.
Some of the disorders and disease that are treated and diagnosed include:
- Cerebrovascular Disease and Strokes
- Seizures & Epilepsy
- Memory Disorders: Dementia, Alzheimer’s
- Movement Disorders: Parkinson’s Tremors, Choreas, Dystonias
- Autoimmune Disorders: Lupus, Vasculitis
- Peripheral Nerve and Muscle Disorders: Neuropathy, Myopathy, Muscular Dystrophy
- Demyelinating Disorders: Multiple Sclerosis
- Sleep Disorders: Parasomnias, Narcolepsy, Hypersomnolence
- Nerve Conduction Studies, Electromyography, Evoked Potentials
- Cognitive Driving Evaluations